Car, Truck, Limo, Bicycle & Motorcycle Accident Claims
Were you hurt in an accident and need help? No matter the type of accident I can help and will fight for your legal rights. When it comes to fighting for my clients, I am intense and detail-oriented. I represent people who suffer from personal injuries as the result of another person’s negligence.
A personal injury is just that – an injury personal to you, and it can include physical and emotional injuries and financial losses resulting from someone’s negligent, careless and sometimes intentional wrongdoing. A personal injury is a civil wrong, not a criminal act. A person who suffers a personal injury can receive monetary compensation for their immediate and long-term medical care, lost wages and lost earning potential, as well as property damage. Wrongful death refers to a situation in which a person dies as the result of another’s negligence. In this case, family members can seek compensation for the loss of their loved one.
The physical, emotional and financial cost of dealing with a serious injury or the loss of a family member is enormous and overwhelming, but you don’t have to deal with these issues alone. Joe Herbert Law is here to help you and will fight to recover medical bills, earnings and other losses due to your injury covered by the legally responsible party. Let Joe Herbert Law do the worrying and the legal work for you so that you can focus on what is most important and get on with your life. Joe has been helping his injured clients in Ventura and Los Angeles counties for years.
To win your case, you must show:
- That you were injured and suffered damages.
- How your injuries and damages were caused.
- That the other person caused your injuries and damages.
I handle the following types of personal injury accident cases:
- Auto accident and hit-and-run car accident cases
- Truck accident, employee driver, and commercial trucking cases
- Motorcycle accident cases
- Bicycle accident cases
- Limousine accident and car-for-hire accident claims
Auto Accident or Car Accident Cases
As an experienced auto/car-accident lawyer, I understand how easy it is to get seriously injured or killed in an auto collision. Unfortunately, accidents involving cars, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks and limousines are happening more and more.
Resolving a car accident case for an accident victim requires experience with local courts, insurance company policies and an understanding of California’s changing laws.
If you were in an automobile accident and were unable to immediately meet with an attorney, it is important that you preserve your rights by not admitting any fault or signing anything (i.e. any forms from an insurer). You should also take photos of any injuries or damage to the vehicles. Keep copies of any medical records or bills, and make records of any related expenses. If possible, you should get the contact information of any witnesses or persons who saw you before and immediately after the accident.
In some car accident cases, fatalities are involved. If you have lost a loved one and need legal help with a wrongful death case, call me for a free legal consultation.
Auto accidents can be caused by more than just driver inattention. The cause of your auto accident injuries may be due in part to the following factors:
- Negligent car maintenance
- Driver error or fatigue
- Drug or alcohol intoxication (DUI)
- Speeding or other unsafe driving
- Distracted or inattentive driving
- Illegal cell phone or other mobile device usage
In most car accident cases, the key issue is determining which driver is at fault for the accident/collision. However, in some situations, the law can assign fault to someone who was not driving or even present in the car at the time of the accident. This comes under the theory of “vicarious liability,” or “imputed negligence.” When two parties have a certain relationship with each other, the law can hold one party liable for the misconduct of another.
- Employee Drivers: If an employee driver accidentally runs a red light and hits your car while driving the company car on company business, their employer may be responsible for the damages.
- Minor Drivers: If you are hit by a minor driving his or parent’s car, the parents may be liable for damages.
- Drunk, Ill, Advanced Age or Otherwise Unfit Drivers: What if a drunk driver, driving her friend’s car she borrowed, hits you? If someone knowingly lends their car to an incompetent, reckless, drunk or otherwise unfit driver, and that driver – through his or her negligent driving – causes a car accident, the car’s owner may be liable for injuries and damage resulting from the accident. This is called “negligent entrustment.”
Truck Accidents, Employee Drivers and Company Car Cases
The law holds employers responsible for wrongful acts, including negligent driving, when an employee commits them while the employee is performing job duties or acts within the scope of employment/duty.
Determining what constitutes an act committed within the scope of employment/duty can be difficult and should be done by an attorney. There are many factors needed resolve this issue. For example, if an employee driver rear-ends a car while making a delivery for his or her employer, the employer would be liable for any harm that results because the employee driver was acting within the scope of employment.
Motorcycle, Moped or Scooter Accidents
I understand how easy it is to sustain a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence or mindlessness. I will fight for those people injured in motorcycle and moped accidents to get them fairly compensated for their medical bills, lost wages and other damages. Even in cases of comparative negligence where you may be partially at fault, I will fight for you to get that which you are legally entitled.
If you were in a motorcycle, moped, or scooter accident and were unable to immediately meet with an attorney, it is important that you preserve your rights by not admitting any fault or signing anything (i.e. any forms from an insurer). You should also take photos of any injuries or damage to your motorcycle. Keep copies of any medical records or bills, and make records of any related expenses. If possible, you should get the contact information of any witnesses or persons who saw you before and immediately after the accident.
Bicycle Accident Cases
I understand how awful it is to incur a serious injury due to someone’s inattention or negligence. This is especially true if you have a child who was injured in an accident while riding a bike. I stand ready to help bicyclists and their loved ones involved in accidents with:
- Cars, trucks or motorcycles
- Hit and run drivers
- Vehicles for hire such as taxis, limousines 18-wheel trucks
- Public service vehicles, buses, boats and trains
- Pets such as dogs, horses, etc.
- Public roadway hazards such as potholes, rough pavement, low-hanging tree branches, etc.
It is my goal to help cyclists and their families get compensation and justice for getting injured due to another’s negligence. I will fight to recover damages to pay your medical bills, loss of wages, and bicycle equipment losses, and recover full compensation for any injuries, pain, and suffering. Everyone has a right to safe riding conditions and justice. Let me do the legal work for you.
Limousine Accident and other Car-for-Hire Claims
A limousine, shuttle, taxi or any other car-for-hire accident, like any other motor vehicle accident, is usually caused by negligence. The main difference between a standard motor vehicle accident and a limousine or any other car-for-hire accident is that not only is the driver held to a higher standard of driving performance, but the owner of the vehicle-for-hire is held at higher standards for the care and maintenance of the vehicle. Generally speaking, vehicle owners who charge for their services, like taxis or limousines for hire, must exercise the utmost care and diligence for the safe carriage of their passengers. Hired common carriers are also required to provide vehicles in a condition that is safe.
If you have been injured in an accident involving a car-for-hire like a limousine or taxi, you should not assume that the liable party and their insurance company will do the right thing. The company and its representatives and insurance companies are not there to protect your rights and interests as an injured victim. They are there to protect their rights.
I am here to protect your rights and your interests if I agree to handle your personal injury case or legal matter.
FOR ALL ACCIDENTS AND COLLISIONS
Even if you don’t call me, please follow these simple guidelines if you or a loved one is involved in an accident where another party is at fault:
- Call the police and get a police report.
- Get immediate medical attention for any injuries sustained in the accident by paramedics or a local hospital.
- Do not admit anything to any party without contacting an experienced auto accident lawyer.
- Exchange identifying information and insurance information with all parties involved in the accident.
- Do not speak directly with the liable party’s insurance adjusters, attorneys or representatives about the facts of the case without first consulting with an experienced auto accident attorney.
- Take pictures with your mobile phone or camera of the scene of the accident, your vehicle, and the injuries sustained in the accident.
- Do not sign any medical release forms, or release forms given to you by the other person’s insurance company, without speaking to an experienced auto accident attorney.
I am relentless and detail-oriented when it comes to fighting for the interests of my clients who have suffered injuries as the result of someone else’s negligence.
I have offices in Camarillo (Ventura County) and Northridge in the San Fernando Valley.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS WARNING
There are limited time periods (deadlines) for filing claims that apply to legal matters. If you do not file in a timely manner with the appropriate internal office, outside agency or civil court, you may lose the right to seek redress for the claim. You should seek the advice of counsel to ascertain all of the applicable time periods.
DO NOT WAIT TO CONSULT WITH A LAWYER
You should immediately consult with an experienced attorney to learn more about what you can do to protect your rights and when the deadlines (statutes of limitation) expire in your specific case.
Serving Los Angeles and the LA metro area, Long Beach, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Northridge, Agoura, Westlake Village, Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, North Hollywood, Studio City, Encino, San Gabriel, Venice, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Altadena, Glendale, El Monte, Hollywood, Culver City, West Hollywood, Inglewood, Lynwood, Florence, Whittier, Hawthorne, Gardena, Paramount, Cypress, Carson, Lakewood, Garden Grove, Seal Beach, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Anaheim, West Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Palmdale, Lancaster, Pomona, Santa Ana, Ontario, Fontana, Palm Springs, San Fernando Valley and the Inland Empire, Southern California.