Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you suffered from an injury that was the result of another person’s negligence? No matter the type of accident – car, bicycle, limousine or other vehicle, slip and fall, burn, assault and battery, etc. – I will fight for you. When it comes to fighting for my clients, I am intense and detail-oriented. I represent accident victims due to negligence, drunk driving or manufacturer’s defect in legal actions in Los Angeles County, Ventura County and throughout the State of California.
A personal injury is just that – an injury personal to you, and it can include physical and emotional injuries and financial losses resulting from someone’s negligent, careless and sometimes intentional wrongdoing. A personal injury is a civil wrong, not a criminal act. A person who suffers a personal injury can receive monetary compensation for their immediate and long-term medical care, lost wages and lost earning potential, as well as property damage. Wrongful death refers to a situation in which a person dies as the result of another’s negligence. In this case, family members can seek compensation for the loss of their loved one.
The physical, emotional and financial cost of dealing with a serious injury or the loss of a family member is enormous and overwhelming, but you don’t have to deal with these issues alone. I am here to help you and will fight to recover compensation to cover your medical bills, earnings, and other losses due to your injury from the legally responsible party. Let me do the worrying and the legal work for you so that you can focus on what is most important and get on with your life.
To win your case, you must show:
- That you were injured and suffered damages.
- How your injuries and damages were caused.
- That the other person caused your injuries and damages
Types of Serious Personal Injury Claims
Joe Herbert Law’s personal injury practice areas include the following most common cases:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, moped, limousine, and bicycle accidents [link]
- Fatal accidents or intentional acts of battery that result in a wrongful death [link]
- Premises liability including slip-and-fall and trip injuries [link]
- Assault and battery
- Intentionally harmful acts that result in harm or wrongful death [link]
- Dog bites, dog attacks, and horse and other pet- or farm-animal-caused injuries [link]
I will seek fair compensation for all applicable damages due to another’s culpable negligence:
- Economic damages: medical bills, lost wages and benefits, property damage and any out-of-pocket losses due to another’s negligence
- Non-economic damages: General (emotional) damages, pain and suffering and any suffering that is caused by another’s negligence
- Punitive damages: If the incident was the result of an intentional act to cause harm, punitive damages may be collected to punish the offender
Compensation for Damages in a Wrongful Death Claim
The pain of losing a family member under any circumstance is unbearable, but the misery is compounded and made so much worse when another person’s negligence is the cause of that loss. I will fight for compensatory damages to be paid to you by the parties responsible for your loved one’s death. This is the only justice I can get for you.
I do not pretend to know exactly what you are going through. However, I know that you will need aggressive and tireless legal support during this difficult time to get the legally responsible party to pay what they owe and are legally responsible for. While I cannot reverse your loss, replace your loss, or guarantee a recovery, I will work tirelessly for your economic security and justice.
I will seek fair compensation for all applicable damages due to a wrongful death:
- Economic damages: Funeral cost, medical bills incurred prior to death, and projected earnings and benefits, property damage and any out-of-pocket losses due to the wrongful death
- Non-economic damages: Loss of companionship, loss of consortium, loss of comfort and support, loss of household service, loss of parenting contributions and any suffering that is caused by the wrongful death
- Punitive damages: If the wrongful death was the result of an intentional act to cause harm, punitive damages for assault and/or battery may be collected to punish the offender
I am relentless and detail-oriented when it comes to fighting for the interests of my clients who have suffered injuries as the result of someone else’s negligence.
I have offices in Camarillo (Ventura County) and Northridge in the San Fernando Valley.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS WARNING
There are limited time periods (deadlines) for filing claims that apply to legal matters. If you do not file in a timely manner with the appropriate internal office, outside agency or civil court, you may lose the right to seek redress for the claim. You should seek the advice of counsel to ascertain all of the applicable time periods.
DO NOT WAIT TO CONSULT WITH A LAWYER
You should immediately consult with an experienced attorney to learn more about what you can do to protect your rights and when the deadlines (statutes of limitation) expire in your specific case.
Serving Los Angeles and the LA metro area, Long Beach, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Northridge, Agoura, Westlake Village, Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, North Hollywood, Studio City, Encino, San Gabriel, Venice, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Altadena, Glendale, El Monte, Hollywood, Culver City, West Hollywood, Inglewood, Lynwood, Florence, Whittier, Hawthorne, Gardena, Paramount, Cypress, Carson, Lakewood, Garden Grove, Seal Beach, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Anaheim, West Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Palmdale, Lancaster, Pomona, Santa Ana, Ontario, Fontana, Palm Springs, San Fernando Valley and the Inland Empire, Southern California.